About St.Marry School
St. Mary’s English Medium School, the brain-child of Fr. Jacob P. J., was established in the year 2001, and with the sole motto of providing value based English medium education to the rural poor, who were hitherto deprived of this. His aim is to provide quality English medium education to the children of farm laborers, so that one child educated in such family and with some technical skill training/education could get a job so that he/she would not send parents to coolie labor work. Thus, this school is aptly named "Save a Family Scheme".
- Started with 53 children in a rented building in Kalghatgi, the school has trekked a rough terrain and no boasts of its own eco-friendly, green campus, in nearby Machapur village
- The strength now stands at 1018 children studying from Nursery to X standard. This year the school is sending its 5th batch to SSLC examination. The previous 4 batches have made the school proud by producing 100 % results in SSLC Examination with more than 60% distinctions and First Classes.
- Majority of these students are pursuing Science/Technical education. We have a Past Students Desk to keep the track of all these passed-out students and help them to chalk out a suitable career.
- Being value based educational institution, a unique ceremony is conducted every year as part of the farewell program for SSLC students in the auspicious presence of their respective parents, each one with a lighted candle in hand, take an oath ”Never to give bribe, never to take bribe” in all their live time. They would wear a batch “Youth against Corruption” proudly on their chest.
Features of St. Mary’s school
- The First English medium high school in the Taluka with a population of 135000.
- The school is not collecting any donation for admitting the students.
- Above 70% students are from agriculture , socially and economically backward families.
- We are admitting all students without any entrance test or interview.
- 100% result in the first 4 batch of 10th std completed.
- Charging only a very nominal fees to just to maintain the staff.
- All qualified and experienced staff.
- Established and managed by a committed team led by Dr. Fr Jacob P. J . who has established No .of educational institution in the region.
- Providing computer training and Smart Class facilities from class 1.
- Excels in sports and all extracurricular activities.
- Out of the total strength of 1016 students, 80 children are provided with free education.
- Prayer Bell 9.45 am
- Lunch Break: 1 to 1.45 pm
- Evening Last Bell: 4.45 pm